Plastic products are some of the commonly used products in our daily lives, but often prone to breaking. This can be easily remedied with different types of glue for plastic. In this review, we will be reviewing the best glue for fabric to plastic you can find online as well as a short FAQ guide.
Click here to skip to our recommended pick!
- Dries clear and does not leave marks
- Extra shine is guaranteed after application
- Repairs all kind of fabric to plastic damage
- Heat resistant
- Easy to use
- Very strong
- Temperature resistant
- Quick bonding and drying time
- Can be applied to a wide range of lightweight materials
- Ideal for all kinds of craft projects and repair work
- High-quality plastic glue
- Works not only with fabrics
- Two kinds of shine - black and tan
- Excellent shelf life
- Suitable for almost all kinds of situations
- Specially bottled for avoiding clogging or dry ups
- Not sensitive to rough weather conditions
- Industrial quality strength
- Isn’t prone to dripping
- Temporary repositionable fabric glue
- Non-toxic and odorless
- Excellent for hemming and embroidery work
- LED UV light bonding means no sticky mess on the skin or material surface
- It creates permanent bonding in seconds
- Easy to use at the press of a button
- Water-based with natural latex
- Cures by itself without the need for heat or solvent
- It adheres to multiple materials
- Doesn’t leave stains on fabrics
- Provides good bonding between fabrics and other materials
- Bottle itself is a glue gun
Overall #1 Rated Pick
Loctite Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Repair Adhesive
This tops our list of the best glues used for adhering fabric to plastic. If you want to repair rips without sewing, or attach your fabric materials to other materials like plastic, this is a winning choice. The Loctite Repair Adhesive works perfectly.
When you’re an arts and crafts enthusiast, there are no limits to what you can do with different materials, including fabric. Whether you’re working on a personal crafts project or need something to submit at school, the Loctite Repair Adhesive is one glue you must have!
Glue For Fabric to Plastic – Buying Guide & FAQ
Are you short on time or just want a quick answer?
Check out our list below for a summary of our results.
- Loctite Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic Repair Adhesive (Our Top Pick)
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- E6000 237032 Craft Adhesive
- 3m Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive - Best for Large Surface Areas
- J-B Weld 50139
- GLUESMITH - Plastic Repair Glue System from The Gluesmith
- Loctite Epoxy Plastic Bonder 0.85-Fluid Ounce Syringe
- Odif USA 505 Spray and Fix Temporary Fabric Adhesive
- Bondic LED UV Liquid Plastic Welding Pro Kit
- Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
Types of Glue for Fabric to Plastic
If you want to glue cloth to plastic, you need to have the right kind of glue. Fortunately, there are a few different types of glue that you can use for this purpose.
Find The Right Glue For Any DIY Project With 2 Easy Steps!
Start Typing... Or "pull-down" the menus were (This) to (That) are to select the materials you want to Glue 👇👇
Leave a comment below and We'll find the right Glue for You!
If you were just doing some arts and crafts or related projects, then one of the best things that you can use to glue fabric to plastic is a spray adhesive. Spray adhesives are very fast acting. They’re easy to use, they don’t create much of a mess there completely waterproof, and they do actually create a decent bond as well. Now spray adhesives usually aren’t designed to be very impact resistant or to bear a lot of weight, so they generally aren’t best for big time construction applications.
Yes, super glue can definitely be used to glue plastic to fabric. However, what needs to be said is that it does depend on the type of plastic. Most super glues are fine for soft types of plastic, but are not ideal for very hard types of plastics such as polypropylene or polyethylene. With that said, super glue does form a very strong bond, and it cures nearly instantly. As long as there is nothing that involves impact then super glue should be fine. Super glue does have great weight bearing capabilities and it is virtually waterproof too, but it is not temperature or impact resistant, nor very solvent resistance.
The other type of glue that you can use for this purpose is 2 part epoxy. Yes, this type of adhesive does require mixing beforehand. It takes a long time to cure. It can make a mess and it requires clamping. However, in terms of the ability to stick to both porous and non-porous materials, it is one of your best options. There is also the fact that in terms of impact resistance, weight bearing capabilities, and solvent and temperature resistance, this is also one of the best types of glue out there.
How to Glue Fabric to Plastic – Step by Step
Keep in mind that exactly how this work will depend on the type of glue you are using, so we will keep this fairly general.
- Make sure that you have the right kind of glue for the job, which is going to be one of the three that we have discussed above.
- If you are using spray, these have all you need to do is to spray one of the surface is and then press both of the materials together. This is also more or less the same if you are using super glue. Just make sure that you follow the instructions for both types of glue in terms of curing kind.
- If you are using two part epoxy, remember that you will first need to mix tape. Moreover, instead of just pressing and holding the materials together due to the very long curing time, you will need to clamp the materials together for up to 24 hours.
What are the most common glue types?
The most common type of glue that you will find on the market is superglue, epoxy, cyanocyralite, poly cement.
Why can’t I just stick to one type for all purposes?
Different glue have different purposes and how they react to the materials. Glue for hard materials usually leave stains on soft materials like leather and fabrics.
If that’s true, then what’s the point of multipurpose glue?
Multipurpose glue are like jack-of-all-trades-master of none. Pre-packed brands like Gorilla will get the job done but the bonding usually corrodes in a very short time. So, think of them as temporary solutions.
Are the glue in the list as good as the adverts claim?
The answer to this is connected with the previous question. If you use the right glue for the right purpose then you’ll definitely get the best results. However, don’t expect miracles as excessive strain can corrode the bonding easily.
Are colors important?
Colors are most important for the finishing of hard materials as they help the damaged part to blend in with the rest of the surface. For application on clothing generally, clear glue are the norm.
Why are some of these kits separated in multiple bottles?
Good quality adhesives usually need to be prepared shortly before application, that’s why often the mixture materials come in two or more bottles. Mixing the ingredients in the correct ration is vital for getting the performance you expect.
Best Glue for Fabric to Plastic
Now that we’re done with the basic FAQ, here’s our review for the 9 best glue for fabric to plastic on Amazon. If you’re short on time, check out our product table below to find out about the products we have hand picked for you!
The top best product [hide]
Loctite Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic Repair Adhesive
- Clear liquid adhesive
- Resistant to yellowing and brittleness
- Creates a waterproof bond after application
Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- Fast drying
E6000 237032 Craft Adhesive
Keep in mind that this stuff can bond very many different materials, including word, fabric, leather, ceramic, plastic, glass, metal, and more. However, as seems to be the case with many of these glues, it will not work on very hard plastic such as polypropylene or polyethylene. Do also keep in mind that this stuff will take quite some time to completely cure.
- Photo safe
- Industrial strength
3m Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive - Best for Large Surface Areas
- Easy to spray glue
- Fast and aggressive tack
J-B Weld 50139
GLUESMITH - Plastic Repair Glue System from The Gluesmith
Loctite Epoxy Plastic Bonder 0.85-Fluid Ounce Syringe
Odif USA 505 Spray and Fix Temporary Fabric Adhesive
Bondic LED UV Liquid Plastic Welding Pro Kit
Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive
Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
We hope that you enjoyed our buyer’s guide and reviews for the best glue for plastic to fabric and vice versa. If you have any additional recommendations, we’d love to hear them. Please leave your comments below on what you think!