Plastic products are some of the commonly used products in our daily lives, but often prone to breaking. This can be easily remedied with different types of glue for plastic. In this review, we will be reviewing the best glue for fabric to plastic you can find online as well as a short FAQ guide.
- Dries clear and does not leave marks
- Extra shine is guaranteed after application
- Repairs all kind of fabric to plastic damage
- Quick bonding and drying time
- Can be applied to a wide range of lightweight materials
- Ideal for all kinds of craft projects and repair work
- High-quality plastic glue
- Works not only with fabrics
- Two kinds of shine - black and tan
- Excellent shelf life
- Suitable for almost all kinds of situations
- Specially bottled for avoiding clogging or dry ups
- Not sensitive to rough weather conditions
- Industrial quality strength
- Isn’t prone to dripping
- Temporary repositionable fabric glue
- Non-toxic and odorless
- Excellent for hemming and embroidery work
- LED UV light bonding means no sticky mess on the skin or material surface
- It creates permanent bonding in seconds
- Easy to use at the press of a button
- Water-based with natural latex
- Cures by itself without the need for heat or solvent
- It adheres to multiple materials
- Doesn’t leave stains on fabrics
- Provides good bonding between fabrics and other materials
- Bottle itself is a glue gun
Overall #1 Rated Pick
This tops our list of the best glues used for adhering fabric to plastic. If you want to repair rips without sewing, or attach your fabric materials to other materials like plastic, this is a winning choice. The Loctite Repair Adhesive works perfectly.
When you’re an arts and crafts enthusiast, there are no limits to what you can do with different materials, including fabric. Whether you’re working on a personal crafts project or need something to submit at school, the Loctite Repair Adhesive is one glue you must have!
Glue For Fabric to Plastic – Buying Guide & FAQ
Are you short on time or just want a quick answer?
Check out our list below for a summary of our results.
- Loctite Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic Repair Adhesive (Our Top Pick)
- 3m Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive - Best for Large Surface Areas
- J-B Weld 50139
- GLUESMITH - Plastic Repair Glue System from The Gluesmith
- Loctite Epoxy Plastic Bonder 0.85-Fluid Ounce Syringe
- Odif USA 505 Spray and Fix Temporary Fabric Adhesive
- Bondic LED UV Liquid Plastic Welding Pro Kit
- Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
What are the most common glue types?
The most common type of glue that you will find on the market is superglue, epoxy, cyanocyralite, poly cement.
Why can’t I just stick to one type for all purposes?
Different glue have different purposes and how they react to the materials. Glue for hard materials usually leave stains on soft materials like leather and fabrics.
If that’s true, then what’s the point of multipurpose glue?
Multipurpose glue are like jack-of-all-trades-master of none. Pre-packed brands like Gorilla will get the job done but the bonding usually corrodes in a very short time. So, think of them as temporary solutions.
Are the glue in the list as good as the adverts claim?
The answer to this is connected with the previous question. If you use the right glue for the right purpose then you’ll definitely get the best results. However, don’t expect miracles as excessive strain can corrode the bonding easily.
Are colors important?
Colors are most important for the finishing of hard materials as they help the damaged part to blend in with the rest of the surface. For application on clothing generally, clear glue are the norm.
Why are some of these kits separated in multiple bottles?
Good quality adhesives usually need to be prepared shortly before application, that’s why often the mixture materials come in two or more bottles. Mixing the ingredients in the correct ration is vital for getting the performance you expect.
Best Glue for Fabric to Plastic
Now that we’re done with the basic FAQ, here’s our review for the 9 best glue for fabric to plastic on Amazon. If you’re short on time, check out our product table below to find out about the products we have hand picked for you!
The top best product [hide]
- Clear liquid adhesive
- Resistant to yellowing and brittleness
- Creates a waterproof bond after application
Extra shine is guaranteed after application
Repairs all kind of fabric to plastic damage
Easy to use
Only suitable for short term use
Can wrinkle vinyl
- Easy to spray glue
- Fast and aggressive tack
Can be applied to a wide range of lightweight materials
Ideal for all kinds of craft projects and repair work
Works not only with fabrics
Two kinds of shine - black and tan
Suitable for almost all kinds of situations
Specially bottled for avoiding clogging or dry ups
Industrial quality strength
Isn’t prone to dripping
Non-toxic and odorless
Excellent for hemming and embroidery work
It creates permanent bonding in seconds
Easy to use at the press of a button
Cures by itself without the need for heat or solvent
It adheres to multiple materials
Provides good bonding between fabrics and other materials
Bottle itself is a glue gun
We hope that you enjoyed our buyer’s guide and reviews for the best glue for plastic to fabric and vice versa. If you have any additional recommendations, we’d love to hear them. Please leave your comments below on what you think!