Finding regular glue is not hard, and yes, it comes in all types and sizes too. That being said, when it comes to specific applications, you need a specific type of glue. Sure, regular glue might create a decent bond, but many don’t go much further than that.
Depending on the application, one feature you might need out of your glue is that it is heat resistant. However, finding heat resistant glue for specific applications is easier said than done, yet still possible. This is what we are here to help with right now, to help you find the best heat resistant glue on the market at this time.
- Ideal for various surfaces
- Dries and cures fast
- Temperature resistant
- Heat resistant
- Ideal for dish repair
- Super strong bond
- Can handle temperature changes
- Forms a very tough bond
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Resistant to temperature changes
- Ideal for most applications
- For porous and non-porous surfaces
- Thick – ideal for vertical gluing
Coming to a specific choice here in terms of the number one pick is actually somewhat difficult. The reason for this is because the number one pick for the best high heat glue is going to depend on the specific application you need it for. Let’s break it down a little bit here.
- For instance, if you need a heat resistant, waterproof, non-toxic, and dishwasher safe glue to repair dishes, ceramics, and pottery, it’s Elmer’s China & Glass Cement that you want to go for.
- If you are looking for a heavy duty and super high bond strength heat resistant glue for gluing metal to metal, it’s J-B Weld Steel Reinforced Epoxy you will want to consider.
- If you require an indoor and outdoor, heat resistant, waterproof, and all weather construction adhesive for landscaping, construction, and outdoor repairs, it’s Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive that might be right for you.
- When it comes to general heat resistant glue, such as multi-purpose super glue, the overall number one pick is going to be Krazy Glue Maximum Bond, with Loctite GO2 Gel Super Glue being a close runner up.
Heat Resistant Glue Buying Guide
Are you short on time or just want a quick answer?
Check out our list below for a summary of our results.
- Krazy Glue Maximum Bond
- Elmer’s China & Glass Cement - High Temperature Glass Glue
- J-B Weld Steel Reinforced Epoxy - Heat Resistant Glue for Metal
- Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive
- Loctite GO2 Gel Super Glue
Before you go out and buy any sort of heat resistant glue, there are some purchasing factors to keep in mind, as well as some tips too.
Types of Heat Resistant Adhesives & Their Applications
One thing you want to keep in mind before you start purchasing heat proof glue, is what type of glue you require. In other words, you need to match the type of glue you get to the application you need it for.
For instance, there are heat resistant wood glue, heat resistant glue for china, glass, and ceramics, there are outdoor construction adhesives, epoxy resin for tile and glass, and high strength adhesive for gluing various materials to each other too.
Simply put, if you are planning to glue wood to wood, it needs to be glue designed for this. If you plan on gluing broken dishes back together, it needs to be designed for this too.
As an example, glue for dishware needs to be non-toxic, heat resistant, waterproof, and dishwasher safe. It’s all about the specific materials you plan on bonding and the specific application scenario too.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing High Heat Adhesive
Besides the specific application you plan on using the glue that can withstand heat for, there are also a number of other considerations you will want to keep in mind before making a purchase.
- Temperature Resistance – Something worth looking into is how high of a temperature the glue in question can withstand once cured. Not all heat resistant glue is the same, with some being more resistant to heat and some less so.
- Moisture Resistance – Depending on the specific application, you do want to look for glue that is waterproof or water resistant at the very least.
- Bonding Time – For the most part, the faster the glue dries, the better off you are. The faster glue can dry, the faster you can get back to work.
- Viscosity & Clamping – Something else to pay attention to is how thick or viscous the glue in question is. Fast bonding and thick glue is ideal for vertical gluing applications and for situations where clamping may not be possible.
- Curing Time – The curing time of the glue in question is also worth considering. If you are buying heat resistant glue to paint over or sand over, or even for dishware, how long the glue to takes to totally cure is a big deal.
- Workability – Some heat resistant glues can then be painted over, sanded, or even drilled into once they are cured.
- Color – Do consider the final color which the glue dries to. For many applications you will want clear drying glue.
- Impact and Shock Resistance – Of course, good glue of any sort should be impact and shock resistant, which means forming a strong bond that is also flexible.
Safety Tips for Using High Temperature Glue
Let’s just go over some quick high temp adhesive tips to keep you safe while using it.
- Always wear gloves, especially if recommended by the product, as many superglue will bond fingers together.
- Always wear old clothing because most high quality adhesives can and will stain.
- Some of the more industrial oriented glues will require you to wear a safety mask or respirator, so always keep that in mind.
- Always use adhesives, glues, and epoxies in well ventilated areas.
The Best Heat Resistant Glue
Here we have a selection of the best heat resistant glues around, ones ideal for all sorts of materials and items.
The top best product [hide]
Heat Resistant Glue FAQ
Is Gorilla Glue heat resistant?
How much heat can super glue withstand?
Is heat resistant glue dishwasher safe?
Before you make a final choice, the most important consideration is what you need the glue for. If you’re looking to glue dishes together, be sure the glue is heat and water resistant, as well as dishwasher safe too. We really cannot stress enough how important it is to consider the specific application you require the glue fore before making a purchase.